I'm afraid that error is too general to make any comments about... maybe it's
more precise if you run the script on the command line?

and if you want to add a refresh option, you need not use javascript per se... a
simple meta refresh tag might suffice in this case.

anyway, i'm afraid i cant help you as such... i'd need to look at the entire
code for that i think

Regards,

Jos Boumans