[Distribution trimmed to the list I belong to.]

At 11:09 AM 5/30/01 +0530, VeeraRaju_Mareddi wrote:
>Dear All
>I have a small with NET::PING.I hope its working by following command.
>USE NET::PING;
>But I am Not able to check remote connectivity of a host ("HOTNT002")
>through this NET function...I am sure its reachable by system ping
>command(Windows NT 4.0)..

Net::Ping does a TCP Ping.  The ping command does an ICMP ping.  The two
are different and it's possible for one to succeed and the other to fail to
the same host.  You can get Net::Ping to do an ICMP ping if you're root
(the ping program is setuid).  Whether the same stricture applies on NT I
don't know.  But this is addressed in the documentation; just do

         perldoc Net::Ping

and it tells you all about this.
--
Peter Scott