On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 07:59:51PM +0200, Jos I. Boumans wrote:
> poe-test.pl is the most basic one, simple starting a few threads

You keep mentioning threads with relation to POE.  I hope no one is under
the mistaken impression that POE supports threads as in POSIX threads, or
seperate threads of execution.  POE's threading support is strictly
timesliced, meaning it can only do one thing at a time, it just does a
really good job of switching between things to do.

Don't get me wrong, I love POE.  I just wish it had true thread support, but
that isn't going to be a possibility until Perl's threads stabilize.
Threads in Perl 5, unfortunately, will probably never stabilize.  In the
meantime, however, we have timeslicing and the sledgehammer of threads,
fork.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net