Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Well, Matt S. Trout shared his sentiments about "I cannot use CPAN" here:
>
> http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/but-i-cant-use-cpan/

Well, Matt is wrong.  You can't always use CPAN.  Yes, you can set it up
so you can use it in development, but that doesn't mean you can do it in
production.  I have worked in places where the policy was no software
that's not approved by the sysadmins and approval of a single module may
take 6 to 18 months.  They're even very strict about downloading a copy
and cut & paste.  A foolish policy, kinda like, our horse will never get
sick from bad grain if we never feed it but managers _always_ know best.  ;)

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

I like Perl; it's the only language where you can bless your
thingy.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.