ANJAN PURKAYASTHA wrote:
Steve my man,
Although I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question I must say
the tone of you mail was immature and unprofessional.
Firstly, you misunderstood my question and secondly not every question can
be framed in terms of "code".
Given that there are many experienced developers on this forum- my mail
requesting guidelines and pointers on developing GUI-based applications was
completely in line.
So my suggestion to you is (a) get rid of the Harvard-envy and (b)  lighten
up.

Another point is that nowadays, people can create dozens of gmail and yahoo accounts using false names to post on mailing lists. Even so, many continue to state their affiliations or country of origin up-front -- either by stating it in a signature or by having the ".ca" or ".jp" in our e-mail addresses -- and it would be unfortunate if by doing so, we are pre-judged in anyway...

I always thought that anonymity was used by students to ask homework questions without their professors/teachers finding out... :-) This almost makes anonymity seem like a good thing...

Anyway, well said, Anjan...

Ray