On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> Well, in this case, PBP recommends to use a while/continue loop:
>
> [code]
> for (my $i = 0; $i < $n ; $i += 2)
> {
>        print "$i\n";
> }
> [/code]
>
> into:
>
> [code]
> {
>        my $i = 0;
>
>        while ($i < $n)
>        {
>                print "$i\n";
>        }
>        continue
>        {
>                $i += 2;
>        }
> }
> [/code]

Can somebody please explain why the latter would be preferred to the
former? Coding mostly with C#, C++, and C;  The latter looks much
uglier and much more error prone to me. Anyone familiar with a C-like
language should be quite comfortable with a C-style for-loop. If you
need $i anyway then I don't see the harm. If it's a performance
concern then I would cry premature optimization..

--
Brandon McCaig <bamcc...@gmail.com>
V zrna gur orfg jvgu jung V fnl. Vg qbrfa'g nyjnlf fbhaq gung jnl.