Hello all,

I need to include CPAN modules as part of our custom "application
stack".

Currently we have a custom "application stack" that we distribute to our
customers via CD.  The application stack is primarily JBoss in nature.

This custom "application stack" is installed on to a target machine
after the customer installs our customized openSuSE 11.3 operating
system.

The installation for the application stack, is done via a set of home
grown perl and bash scripts.

What is the best way to install CPAN module(s) given the above?

I was thinking that I would just include the tar gz files as part of the
application stack, then have my install scripts un-archive the modules
then call make.

Is this too simple of an approach?

Thank you for ANY suggestions, advice, best practices people wish to
offer.

Please note: as mentioned above, the installation is perl based, so perl
is available (as part of openSuSE 11.3) along with various perl rpms.

Thank you,

mark