On 18/05/2011 22:21, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:

Should he be using the XML::XPath in OO form and instead of direct
assignment?

There's no file I/O here; perhaps there was an error at the findObjects
call?

Here is a minimized version of the script which illustrates the problem.

use strict;
use warnings;
use Ec;
use XML::XPath;
use Data::Dumper;

my $ec = Ec->new or die "Can not create Ec object $!\n";
my $xPath;
$xPath = $ec->findObjects('job');
print Dumper($xPath);
#my $ha = $xPath->findnodes('//job');
#print Dumper($ha);

A friend of mine says that he doesn't trust your friend. Since you said that "I'm sure he is unwilling to show the entire code!" my friend suggests that you go to your manager and insist that your friend debug his own code.

Rob Dixon