Hi,

without using CGI.pm how can i collect the values of a multiselect element?

say for e.g.:

< select name="hobbies" id="hobbies" multiple>
<option>Reading Books</option>
<option>Writing Stories</option>
<option>Collecting Coins</option>
<option>Cross Stitching</option>
<option>Tenis</option>
<option>Playing Cricket</option>
< /select>

when the form is submitted, i have to get the selected values in an array. how
can i do that?

*if you are curious, (as per my understanding) even though CGI.pm would make it
easy to get values out of parameters passed to the script by the web form. I
would still have to do validation of values passed seperately. so why should i
use a big module just to collect form data? i am using TT to display the
form/HTML and javascript to validate input.