point of that email was not where validation should happen?? it was sent to
find a solution(sample code) to the problem of collecting value of a multi.....

you missed the point, many people miss the point - it is common. Shawn's whole
post was on 'where' to validate. Question was: how to colle.....

Also to tell someone straightaway : go and read the manual, or RFC or
consortium's recommendations is also not a 'brilliant' suggestion, it shows how
you do not want to(or can not) respond, but still responding. I would assume
most of the people know about perldoc/manpages/RFCs and white papers. people
are looking for sample code, or corrections to their 'published code'. i was
hoping to get some sample code to take cue from.

after i thought about it a bit more, i liked the suggestion of Octavian
Rasnita(and also fish), please read his/her response. he understood the
question (and his response was balanced). (again if u r curious more info:) I
agree .js can be compromised, but this webpage is in trusted environment with
extensive user-activity-logging.

thx Bob !!