Hi,

I'm confronted with this problem.I've done this before but I just
can't remember how.

There is a log file I am trying to parse:

open FILE , 'C:\test.csv' or die $!;
while (<FILE>){
my ($logindate, $dbserver, $hostname, $status ) = split (/,/);

}

Now I want to use the $username as a name of a hash (sort of
dynamically create a variable.

So if in the end I want to print all the login records of let's say
user "James", I would have a report like this:

James
Login Date    DBServer            Hostname     Login Status
Aug 5            mailserver       mail.co.xx        Success
Sep 3            dnsserver        dns.co.xx        failed

Aron
Login Date    DBServer            Hostname     Login Status
Jan 5            ftpserver         ftp.co.xx           Success
Oct 3            sshserver        ssh.co.xx         Success

I'm really lost here. I know I have to use some sort of nested hashes
but I just couldn't figure it out.