----- Brian Fraser <frase...@gmail.com> [2013-02-20 07:01:35 -0300] ----- :

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Gerard Walschap <gwalsc...@cox.net> wrote:
> >         I see. There is a .bashrc file in my home directory with the line
> > -------------
> > source /Users/gerard/perl5/perlbrew/etc/bashrc
> > -------------
> > So I guess installing perl did override my .profile, although I'm not sure
> > how. The "source" man page redirects to "built in".
> >
> > I'm not quite happy with the way perl installs itself, but at least now I
> > know how to remedy things. Thanks again,
> >

> Nitpicking, but that's not how perl installs itself, that's how
> perlbrew installs & manages perl. If you don't like it, you could try
> installing perl manually by downloading the tarball & passing your own
> options to ./Configure, or by running ./Configure interactively.
> Admittedly those are a bit of a pain, but they'll give you the freedom
> to install perl in whichever way you want.

Whilst that is correct, for a beginners list I'd recommend using the
OS's package management system to install perl, should it not already
be installed; which on most systems, especially UNIX systems, is the
case.

> --

Primary Key: 4096R/1D31DC38 2011-12-03
Key Fingerprint: A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38