"John W. Krahn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > my $MBody = `who`;
> > > my $MBody = qx(who);  # same thing
> >
> > IMHO qx() is more readable.  I often miss seeing the
> > back-ticks, or see them as single-quotes during a code skim.
>
> You need an editor with good syntax highlighting.  :-)

I've got one -- gnu emacs.  And still, I occasionally have
to look at 'em stuck inside some text (i.e. on a newsgroup)
or in some other black/white medium - paper.  And to be lazy
about it, the qx() is in my normal typing active set.  That
backtick is way up in the corner -- I miss it a lot, and
have to stop my normal touch-typing to get into hunt-peck
mode.  Who says emacs isn't modal -- I've got my home keys
in touch-mode and the other keys in hunt-mode.  :-)

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!