On Monday, May 6, 2002, at 12:45 , Seth Lilly wrote:
> I am brand spanking new to Perl, and I�m working with Plain Black�s
> WebGUI software.�I�m having difficulty specifying the directories for
> some of my *.pm files.�Is there a way to edit a @INC file of some type
> (if such a thing exists) to include those directories?�Thanks, everyone,
> for helping out the new guy.
the easiest trick is
a) perldoc h2xs - so that you start with the simple way for
churning up the basic PM context:
cf: http://www.wetware.com/drieux/CS/lang/Perl/PM/
b) opt to just install them in whereEver the site_perl will
land them when you do the
make install
TRUST ME - it is much simpler that way....
Unless you really need to 'get funky' - just don't:
cf: http://www.wetware.com/drieux/CS/lang/Perl/PM/useLibHack.html
and yes you could try the PERLLIB5 environmental variable, but
that is like so retrogressive..... I mean like so "vintage 80's"!!!
ciao
drieux
---
{ you are clearly taking the wrong turn - you are thinking of
perl as a coding language.... hence that PM's are the logical
consequence of that conclusion... So just step on down the
yellow brick road one more pace..... Do it like you were
really planning on sending it to the CPAN... }
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]