There are a few ways listed in the FAQ's. "perldoc -q <search word>" will
search the FAQ's on a specific word. Below is what was found when I
searched on the word "library". Depending on your needs using the PERL5LIB
environment variable might be the best option (Just create a new environment
variable in Windows or Unix named PERL5LIB and point it to the directory
with the modules).
[perldoc output]
$ perldoc -q library
=head1 Found in /opt/perl5.005_03/lib/5.00503/pod/perlfaq8.pod
=head2 How do I keep my own module/library directory?
When you build modules, use the PREFIX option when generating
Makefiles:
perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/u/mydir/perl
then either set the PERL5LIB environment variable before you run
scripts that use the modules/libraries (see L<perlrun>) or say
use lib '/u/mydir/perl';
This is almost the same as:
BEGIN {
unshift(@INC, '/u/mydir/perl');
}
except that the lib module checks for machine-dependent subdirectories.
See Perl's L<lib> for more information.
=head2 How do I add the directory my program lives in to the module/library
search path?
use FindBin;
use lib "$FindBin::Bin";
use your_own_modules;
-----Original Message-----
From: Seth Lilly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 3:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: @INC
I am brand spanking new to Perl, and I'm working with Plain Black's WebGUI
software. I'm having difficulty specifying the directories for some of my
*.pm files. Is there a way to edit a @INC file of some type (if such a
thing exists) to include those directories? Thanks, everyone, for helping
out the new guy.
Seth Lilly
Help Desk Technician
West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Blvd E Suite 700
Charleston WV 25301
304.558.2101
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.hepc.wvnet.edu
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]