        From: drieux
        Sent: Mon 5/6/2002 4:07 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: @INC

        On Monday, May 6, 2002, at 12:45 , Seth Lilly wrote:

        > I am brand spanking new to Perl, and I’m working with Plain
Black’s
        > WebGUI software. I’m having difficulty specifying the
directories for
        > some of my *.pm files. Is there a way to edit a @INC file of
some type
        > (if such a thing exists) to include those directories? Thanks,
everyone,
        > for helping out the new guy.

        the easiest trick is

                a) perldoc h2xs  - so that you start with the simple way
for
                                                        churning up the
basic PM context:

        cf: http://www.wetware.com/drieux/CS/lang/Perl/PM/

                b) opt to just install them in whereEver the site_perl
will
                land them when you do the

                        make install

        TRUST ME - it is much simpler that way....

        Unless you really need to 'get funky' - just don't:

        cf:
http://www.wetware.com/drieux/CS/lang/Perl/PM/useLibHack.html

        and yes you could try the PERLLIB5 environmental variable, but
        that is like so retrogressive..... I mean like so "vintage
80's"!!!

        ciao
        drieux

        ---

                { you are clearly taking the wrong turn - you are
thinking of
                perl as a coding language.... hence that PM's are the
logical
                consequence of that conclusion... So just step on down
the
                yellow brick road one more pace..... Do it like you were
                really planning on sending it to the CPAN... }