OK...thanks for all the great examples but because I'm running either
manually from a command prompt our from a batch file via web browser they
are both being executed as a command prompt. This is how ColdFusion sees it.

So....I have a batch file with the following line. Note: The runme.exe is a
compiled perl script.

c:\programs\runme.exe <input-file> <destination-printer>

Is there a way with Perl to know if the batch file is being run or passed
via browser?
Not sure if I'm making sense.

At 10:20 AM 6/11/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 09:58 , phumes1 wrote:
>
>>Weird.
>>
>>I put the below lines in my perl script and ran it from the command
>>prompt and from a web browser yet the results are telling me
>>that "You have started this script from the command prompt"
>>
>>Why?
>>
>>Is the HTTP_USER_AGENT check not correct?
>
>think about it - I write a piece of code that queries
>the CGI piece of code - I can set that and spoof you.
>
>if you want to check if there is a controlling terminal
>with say
>
>         if (-t) {
>                 # this side sees a tty line attached.
>         }else{
>                 #this is not called by a process with a controlling terminal
>         }
>

>ciao
>drieux
>
>---