On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Nigel Peck wrote:

> Perl books such as Perl and XML, the majority of the humour is related
> to The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the
> Galaxy. These are my favorite books. Is it

> a) a coincidence
> b) that they're so popular with people from all walks of life
> c) a certain mentality which has something to do with why people take
> to Perl

> Or is it d, something I shouldn't be wasting my time thinking about so
> move on (boring git).

I think the answer is closer to c). I don't think the answer is
d), but Larry Wall doesn't seem to crack so many jokes nowadays.
Perhaps he is older and wiser.

Perhaps his role as God with the Apocalypses, he doesn't need it
any more and can leave it to his Prophet, Damian Conway with the
Exegeses. Conway's humor seems to be in the same line.

--
Greg Matheson                All teaching is teaching
Chinmin College              under difficult circumstances.

Taiwan Penpals Archive <URL: http://netcity.hinet.net/kurage>