Hi,
I'm triyng to open the /etc/aliases.db file for reading with the dbmopen
function - the result is that I can't open the file for reading, or
something like this. yes, I have permission because I'm root.

My script is:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use diagnostics;
dbmopen(%ALIAS,'/etc/aliases',undef) ||
    die "No aliases!: $!";
while (($key,$value) = each(%ALIAS)) {
    chop($key,$value);
    print "$key $value\n";
}

the output error is:
###########################
Use of uninitialized value in dbmopen at ./zz line 3 (#1)

    (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already
defined.
  It was
    interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a mistake.  To suppress
this
    warning assign a defined value to your variables.

Use of uninitialized value in null operation at ./zz line 3 (#1)
Uncaught exception from user code:
        No aliases!: Invalid argument at ./zz line 3.
Does someone could explain me why is it happening?
(i'm using perl 5.6.0 and Red Hal linux 7.2)

Thank you,