From: James Edward Gray II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> use Path::To::Module;

Beg::Your::Pardon?

1) this will not help him. This'll cause perl to search for Module.pm
in all Path/To subdirectories of directories in @INC. But he needs to
add something to @INC.

2) If you do this the module will most probably not initialize
properly. In this case perl would assume there will be
        package Path::To::Module;
in the Module.pm. And it will try to call the import() function in
that package.

> On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 10:05  AM, Reinstein, Shlomo wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > From some perl script, say "some_path/lib/sos.pl", I would like to
> > make use of a perl module, which is located at "some_path/modules".
> > I don't know what "some_path" is inside "sos.pl", but I know that I
> > can reach the module using a relative path "../modules". The problem
> > is, writing "use lib '../modules'" treats the path as a relative
> > path to the current directory, and not to the directory of "sos.pl"
> > (if I understood correctly). Is there a way that I can say in
> > "sos.pl" that I want to use the module located in "../modules"
> > relative to it? Thanks, Shlomo

use FindBin qw($Bin);
# this wil store the directory containing the script into $Bin
use lib $Bin.'/../modules';
# this will add the directory you need to
# @INC (list of library directories)

Jenda
=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz