Greetings!

I have been using my Win98 box to modify some scripts that will be run
on a Unix server.  Within the body of the script, I can surround
OS-specific things like test code I want my machine to execute and
calls that throw errors under Win98 like flock() with checks to see
what operating system I am using.

But is there a way to differentiate between the two operating systems
on the first line?

On my box, it's "#!perl".  On the Unix box, it's "#!usr/bin/perl".
What I'll probably end up doing is uninstalling Perl from my box and
reinstalling it in a folder named usr/bin, but I'd rather not do that.
Is there any way I can have two different paths to the Perl executable,
and let my script decide which to use?

On the face of it, this looks like a ridiculous question.  How can the
Perl executable decide where the Perl executable is before Perl starts
executing?  But maybe there's some trick with the registry or
environmental variables or something that will help.

RobR