Harry Putnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Ick... I flew right over that about the `1' in perldoc -f require.
> Always was confused by the term `return'.  I guess its pretty basic
> to programmers but to us lifetime heavy construction workers it can
> be a bit mysterious.
>
> Thanks for the guidance.

You and Bob have added a whole new layer of usefullness for me
tonight.  I've thrashed around with that function slurping stuff
quite a few times but never really got it.

I'd been avoiding trying to write my own *.pm files because, somewhere
I got the notion that *.pm files were nasty complex creatures that
required acres of special syntax and formatting.  I'm very pleased
with my query this evening and glad to find out I can get some use
out of `use' (har har) beyond that afforded by other folks *.pm files.