Greetings!

I am beginning to seriously consider what I am going to have to do to
wrestle some reasonable amount of organization out of the unbelievable
pile of spaghetti I've been trying to update.  I managed to add what I
needed; now I'm going to go back and do it the way it should have been
done, mainly as an academic exercise.

The new version of my script will be based on objects.  So, I was
reading the Camel Book (2nd ed) about objects.  It started talking
about "tie", and the process of tying variables to classes.  It went
into some detail about how to do it, but it didn't say a durn thing
about why o do it.

Why would I want to "tie" a variable, and what actually happens when a
variable is tied?

Thanks!

RobR