Hi Mikel -

Read your INSTALL file (or look at it on CPAN):

http://search.cpan.org/src/NI-S/Tk-800.024/INSTALL

You have to find the x-includes on your system and
specify them for your make. (If you can't find them
check with your sysadmin, I know you can get them
online but I haven't done that becaude they appear
magically for me on my SuSE distro). I'm not sure how to
specify parameters in the CPAN shell, but you can
always:

 -download to some location-
 tar vxzf Tk....etc.....tar.gz
 -go to extracted dir-
 perl Makefile.PL ...parameters as specified in INSTALL...
 make
 make test
 make install

I almost *always* use this old-style config/make/install
sequence - rather than the CPAN shell - because I feel
like I have more control of the process and I can read the
README, INSTALL, etc. files before starting.

Aloha => Beau.