Heidi Ng wrote:

> Are you running Perl v5.6 or v5.8?  I was doing a search on the web and
> it seems like you will get this target error message when installing
> other Perl modules when you have Perl v5.8 (i.e. the module and the Perl
> version are not compatible)
>
> Heidi

Version 5.8.0 build 805, same as you.  That is sort of wierd.   I have had no trouble
installing other modules since I installed v5.8, though.  I think it could simply be
that the module was written to be too version-specific, and has not been maintained
since.

The only documentation I could find for it was last modified Halloween, 2000:
 http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JH/JHELBERG/readme.setupsup.1.0.1.0.txt
Although Jenda hosts it in his repository, it is not documented on his homepage, even
among the section listing work by others.  The author is Jens Helberg.  I found no web
site for him other than the directory at cpan.org where the readme resides.  The ppd
file shows an e-mail of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have MS VC, you might try downloading and building the module from the zip file
on cpan.  That would allow you to scan the code for sources of incompatibility.

Joseph