"Pradeep Goel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [...]

Let me tell you a story.

    Once upon a time in one of our many countries a man was to be seen
standing in one of the streets in one of the towns. Which street in which
town is of no matter, as such men are seen quite unexpectedly on all paths
that life has to offer. This man, it seemed, had a surfeit of either eggs or
benevolence, as he was calling out to the townsfolk that he would give eggs
free of charge to anyone who needed them. A sizeable queue had gathered
of an assortment of characters who, for one reason or another, could make
very good use of a few eggs just at that moment.
    After a while a traveller arrived, in the town and on the street where the
man was standing. Hearing the other's generous cry, he thought what a good
offer this was and, feeling a little peckish, he determined to make best use
of it. He marched foward.
    "Let me have two pounds of carrots," he said, "a pound of bacon
and a loaf of bread."
    "I have only eggs," the benefactor replied, taken aback, "but if you
will join the back of the queue then you shall have as many as you
need when your turn comes."
    Taking exception to this, our traveller raised his voice and demanded
what sense could be seen in offering commodities in this way.
    "Surely," he said, "even the likes of yourself can see that I would not
be best served by asking for things that I do not want. What is more, if
you knew even a jot about bacon you would know that it is an
oft-enjoyed accompaniment to the eggs that you said you had to offer."
    With this, the traveller took his leave, bent on filling his needs, who
knows where else.
    The queue began to move once more and, at the end of the day,
many of that town who would otherwise have been hungry feasted on
magnificent souffles and omelettes. The "Egg Man", as he became known
was seen occasionally in that street thereafter, but always when he was
most needed and always when he was least expected. To this day no-one
knows became of the traveller or where his journey took him.

                                THE END

Rob