Pradeep Goel wrote:

> 2)
> Also if somebody what I can do to make a page html instead of txt or doc - keeping
> up the format ( need not be exact format but it should not just be a messed up one).
> when i rename from .doc to .html or use copy command ( i.e. on windows machine) the
> format goes off completely  - & what left is contiguous words that's all  ?.

If you wish to produce web content, you should learn the HTML language on which it is
based.  White space is ignored in that protocol.  Any space fromatting intended for
the output must be expressed through html tags.  HTML does have a feature much like
the perl heredoc in the <pre> tag.  This tag directs the client to display all text
before the ending /pre tag as spaced in the source.  You can start learning html at
any time simply by selecting View|Page Source from the menu of your browser, and
comparing the source code to the displayed effects.

The best source for information on writing for the web would be an HTML authoring
list.  One Perl alternative is to use the CGI module to generate html dynamically.

Joseph