All,

I added the "use strict;" statement to my script for the first time and
received the following compilation errors:
Global symbol "$LoginName" requires explicit package name at todaysFiles.pl
line 43.
Global symbol "$TMPNow" requires explicit package name at todaysFiles.pl
line 45.
Global symbol "@filenames" requires explicit package name at todaysFiles.pl
line 48.
Global symbol "$filenames" requires explicit package name at todaysFiles.pl
line 49.

This program works fine without the "use strict" statement?.please advise!!

Also, can someone offer an explanation of how "=" differs from "= ="??

Thanks In advance!

Steve Pittman
Medstar Health