Print it like this, it's easier:

print "$_ : $linehash{$_}\n" foreach (sort keys %linehash);

James

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 07:03 PM, Stuart White wrote:

One more thing, if I want to sort the hash
alphabetically by key where do I put the sort
function?

I tried it before the while loop that does the
printing and on the each function
(sort(each(%linehash))) and that just gave me numbers
first, colon, player names.  and I figure that it
wouldn't work.
thanks in advance. -stu
--- James Edward Gray II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 05:12  PM, Stuart White