-----Original Message-----
Charles Scheepers wrote:

>>>Hi All

>>>I am having a problem with linefeed. I have written a program that writes records
>>>to an output file. The program that uses this >>>file as input requires that all
>>>records are ended with "\x0A" and not CRLF (\x0D\x0A). This program runs on UNIX.

>>>How do I ensure that records are ended only with \x0A??? Do I have to use an other
>>>method than: print FILHNDL "Text...";???

For keeping it simple I suggest you to write the text file as usually with <print
FILHNDL "Text...";>,
then to use UNIX utilities like as "dos2unix" to convert DOS text file in UNIX text
file (you can run dos2unix from within Perl
of course).

E.

LOQUENDO S.p.A.
Vocal Technology and Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thank you