"Charles K. Clarkson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Harry Putnam said:
> :
> : Here is the problem:
> :
> : Summary run home made tools against only the
> : uniq paths that might contain perl *.pm files.
>
>     Harry, that doesn't' make a bit of sense.
> Could you rephrase the question?

You can say that again... Must be heavy senior moments today.
Not counting the misfired unfinished post that started the thread.
Its still just plain wrong through and through.
SPENCERS straightened me out.

Having shot myself in the foot from the gate,  I guess I might as
well reveal the true depths of my ignorance and ask a remaining
question.

There were also typos in my initial post.  I meant `*.pod' instead of
`*.pm' but that doesn't really change the required coding.

I've butched the hell out of SPENCER's code in an attempte to get
sorted output (sort on non-absolute *.pod) and am getting duplicates
in the output.  Probably some really unorthodox technique (or lack
there of).  I often find that I code like an illiterate hillbilly.
Probably because that is what I am.... anyway:

I stuck the little uniquifier gimmick in there to prevent dups but
can't really see why I would be getting dups.  Maybe @INC does need
further processing

What is causing duplicates in the output.  Not everthing but only a
few. (The debug file, ./debug will have a number of dups in it)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

use strict;
my (%name, @sorted, @unsorted, $absolute );
use File::Find ;

open(DBG,">./debug") or die "cannot open DBG: $!";

find(\&wanted,@INC);

sub wanted {
   if (/\.pod$/){
      print DBG "$File::Find::name\n";