Harry Putnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Whew, for a minute there I thougt I'd screwed that up too.  But why
> are there dups to begin with?

Gets us right back to SPENCERS who had it right from the start.
I wish I knew better what this code is doing:

      if (-d && /^[a-z]/) { $File::Find::prune = 1 ; return }
     return unless /\.pod$/ ;

Not quite able to piece it together from File::Find and not sure what
role /^[a-z]/ is playing there.  None of the components of @INC can
start with ^[a-z] anyway.  But somehow this code takes the duplicate
paths in @INC out of play.  Taking away the dups produced by searches
on directories like:

    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i686-linux
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0