Hi again and thx John for you help.
> > Hi all,
>
> Hello,
>
> > I'd like to get a script which allows me to get the gid of the
> > user which is connected currently.
> > I've done this "script" which is not very useful for me because
> > I have to run it like this :
> > id | myscript.pl
>
> You could run id inside your perl program.
>
> my $id_output = qx/id/;
I didn't know how to execute a shell command into a perl script, thx.

> > My script is :
> >
> > while(<>)
> > {
> > if(/^uid=\d+.\w+.\sgid=(\d+)/)
> >         {
> >         $gid=$1;
> >         print "gid:$gid\n";
> >         }
> > }
>
> Perl supplies the User ID in $<, the Effective User ID in $>, the Group
> ID in $( and the Effective Group ID in $).

What's the difference between effective and non-effective, the answer are the same for
: print
"$>, $<\n" and idem for group
Moreover when I do this
print "gid: $)\n";
I get (as root) : gid: 0 10 6 4 3 2 1 0
not just 0. How to get just the true gid?

> print "gid: $(\n";
>

> To find the name assigned to $(:
>
> my $group = getgrgid $(;
> print "Group: $group\n";
>

> To get all groups that $( belongs to:
>
> my @groups;
> my $name = getpwuid $<;
> while ( my @ent = getgrent ) {
>     push @groups, $ent[ 0 ] if $ent[ -1 ] =~ /\b$name\b/;
>     }
> print "@groups\n"
>

> > My aim is to change the ip address following the gid.
>
> The id program does not output an ip address.
Yes I know. My first goal was to get the gid. Now I want to attribute ip address by
gid, maybe
thanks to :

if ($( == 1000)
        {