Hey all,

   I am using the perl-ldap module (to access MS AD, not that that
   matters to this question though :-).

   My problem is I don't understand part of the example code - it all
   works just fine, but using the "as_struct" method, I need to just
   display the "cn" attribute (I need to write the attributes in a
   specific order, so have to be able to write just one of the returned
   list - I can change what is returned with no problem).

   The code I am looking at is here
   <
http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/perl-ldap/lib/Net/LDAP/Examples.pod#PROCESSING_Displaying_SEARCH_Results

   and the specific part is

foreach $attrName (@arrayOfAttrs) {

        # skip any binary data: yuck!
        next if ( $attrName =~ /;binary$/ );

        # get the attribute value (pointer) using the
        # attribute name as the hash
        my $attrVal =  @$valref{$attrName} ;
        print "\t $attrName: @$attrVal \n";
}

   I was thinking (and the documents say) these are references, but I
   have had a hard time getting my head around references...

   I have tried adding this
       print @$valref{cn};
   but all it prints is
       ARRAY(0x25d9ec4)
   and I want it to print the value of "cn" which is
       Musson, Timothy L

Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v1.62q
Windows 2000 5.0.2195 (Service Pack 2)
How do you make Windows faster ? Throw it harder