First, your Perl is not a complete version of Perl. You just have the
compiler of Perl.
You almostly missed some very important modules such as strict, warnings,
CGI..etc.

And second, your Perl is out of dated..... for Win32 OS, Perl is up to 5.8.0
now.
So go to
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Register.plex?id=ActivePerl
to download the newest, complete version of Perl.

If you use all default settings of Perl, your Perl is installed at C:\Perl.
Also, some
parameters (PATH) is stored to Windows too (After reboot). So to run your
script,
just start like :

perl C:\somewhere\perlscripts\helloworld.pl

or you can use the direct mode ( I name it ) :

perl ( Press Enter )
print "HelloWorld\n";
( Press F6 then Enter, or Ctrl-Z Enter)

your codes will run.