Li Ngok Lam wrote:
> > I'm still puzzled as to how Kenneth managed to get a listing of his
> > program out of a Perl command. Let us know how you're getting
> > on Kenneth, if you're still watching this thread.
>
> Hi Rob and Kenneth,
>
> I still watching in this thread, but I am not sure did I missed something in
> this thread. Because I host my domain and the server had shut down for
> electricity out today.
>
> Kenneth did give me a personal reply and told me he don't want to download
> the Perl from activestate because it have to be charged. And my reply was telling
> him that he might looking at something wrong, those charging stuff are KDE,
> making Perl to exe and something like that, but not Perl. Perl is FREE in all
> versions.

But the version he already has installed is free too, and there's probably nothing
wrong with it!

> So, thaz more important does Kenneth still is looking in this thread, rather than
> me. I am not sure if he gave me further reply or not. But I sure that if he think
> have to pay for Perl and giving it up, thaz a LOSS.
>
> Are you still here Kenneth? Feel free to go on if you need any help =)

I also got a personal mail from Ken, saying that he had found and downloaded
Perl from ActiveState. But he also said that he had found strict.pm in his
installation,
and I am very wary of encouraging an upgrade when it isn't necessary. Is the
build of Perl that's installed with Oracle even an ActiveState version? If
not there may be a number of differences apart from the Perl release version
which Oracle relies on in some way.

Rob