Hi all,

I've been thrown in the deep end to try and work out what the problem with
a perl script running on Novell Bordermanager.  I'm probably going to have
a few stupid questions over the next few days.  Please forgive me before
hand, and dont laugh too much!   I am trying to bolster my knowledge via
the on-line library at learn.perl.org, perldoc, and a couple of online
tutorials I found.

Whilst troubleshooting the script (using -w and -c) I get references to
line xxx..

My stupid question number one is:  When Perl processes the script, how
does it identify the lines of code?  ie.. If an error occurs at line 125,
is that the 125'th line of actual code, or does it count every single line
in the script from the beginning including remm'ed statements, blank lines
etc...??

My reason for asking, is that with -w  I get "use of uninitiaized value
at..." errors which do not make much sense at the line numbers
mentioned...

Peter A Johnston CLP
Network Services Administrator

Peters & Brownes Group
22 Geddes Street, Balcatta, 6021,  WA,  Australia

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- Dr. Who