Dan Anderson wrote:

> <2 Cents>
>
>         It is possible that your concept -- returning values for all language
> constructs could be revolutionary.  For instance, many, many, many
> programming constructs support code like:
>
> // apologies for the pseudocode
> while ($foo = bar())
> { /* do something */ }
>
> bar ()
> { /* return false if nothing else needs to be done */ };
>
>         BUT, at the same time there are a number of languages which have tried
> to be innovative and have never been heard from again.  (When was the
> last time you heard of a commercial app being coded in LISP,

Don't know about copmmercial apps, but my brother, a CAD/CAM machinist, uses LISP
often to communicate between AutoCAD and other applications.

> Haskell,
> SmallTalk,

All I can say is C++.

I'm not fond of this particular construct, but then, I'm not fond of grep, either.
I'd rather use something called get_all_matching().

Joseph