Ville Jungman

From: "R. Joseph Newton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Ville Jungman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Should loops return a value?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:52:17 -0700

Ville Jungman wrote:

> to hear everybody saying that this is a great thing! But maybe someone
> agrees with me. What did You think first time You heard about objects, perl
> or something else, what __________?

The first ime I heard about "Object Oriented Programming", it sounded like a
silly-ass buzzword. The first time I looked at an example of OO, I thought,
"What a great idea. Have your programming constructs look like objects in the
real world!"

> At first glance they might not feel very
> temptating but feelings might change after using them?

Hmmm, can you explain just how this construct would reduce gratuitous techiness
and lend to natural communication of intent?

Joseph

[snip Most of us keep archives, and can consult them for the full text of past
posts.]

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]