On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 03:34:01PM -0400, Dan Anderson wrote:

>       I wasn't implying that you were trying to create a new langauge.  I am
> simply pointing out that there are a huge number of languages out there
> which were experimental in nature and very innovative.  Some of them --
> like java -- are still around.

Eh?  Java: experimental, very innovative and still around.  Well, it's
certainly still around, and I suppose I could give you experimental, but
probably not in the way you meant it.  1.5 / 3 ;-)

>       Take Haskell for instance.  You can return functions from functions and
> other things.  Is this useful for some projects?  Probably.  Am I going
> to switch to Haskell because of this?  No.

And there is no need to because you can do this in Perl too.  Perl has a
number of features used for functional programming.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net