Hi All,

I think drieux has raised a good point in taking a shot at the 'learning how to think' snobbery too common among college graduates. It is a sad fact that college has very little to do with thinking or learning - rather it is all about:
a) patience with idiots
b) conformance to rules
c) facility with manipulating those rules
d) establishing connections with 'powerful' people
(department chairs, etc.) so that you can break/bend the rules
That is college as I know it, anyway. If I had a choice I would just sit at home, read the list, and start teaching myself C++ from some nice books. But you can't get student loans for sitting at home and reading - you can only get loans by putting up with crap and garbage from the University of Wherever.

- Jason

Twenty monks and one nun, who was named Eshun, were practicing meditation with a certain Zen master.

Eshun was very pretty even though her head was shaved and her dress plain. Several monks secretly fell in love with her. One of them wrote her a love letter, insisting upon a private meeting.

Eshun did not reply. The following day the master gave a lecture to the group, and when it was over, Eshun arose. Addressing the one who had written to her, she said: "If you really love me so much, come and embrace me now."