> Hi people,
>
> I want trap the results of 'ps -ef' command.
>
> I first trap the results by splitting the results in scalar values
such as $uid $pid $ppid $stime, etc...

> I would like, for each line returned, to hold these values in an
array, so that, for each uid, I could return its corresponding pid,
ppid, stime, cmd, etc.

> What would be the best data structure to use? An hash table in an
array? ...

Per my usual, no fun for anyone response, I would dispense with shelling
out to ps, and use Proc::ProcessTable as your command is not cross
platform compatible, error prone, slow, etc.  then use its standard
interface for retrieving the values you need when you need them...

http://danconia.org

--
Boycott the Sugar Bowl! You couldn't pay me to watch that game.