Hello,

The start of another year means new projects and hence more questions.

Are there any tools with the capabilities of (SFU 3.0) that allow users to
transparently run ?[ULi]nix-based applications (say, shell scripts) from a
Windows environment?

My current working environment consists of Windows-XP boxes and Sun
Servers.  Users first log on through an Windows-XP terminal, and are then
granted access to UNIX services through putty-eXceed.  Once connected
through eXceed, they run applications either through a text-based,
Tcl-based, X-Windows based menu.  What I would like to do is to enable
users to simply map UNIX-based drives on which their applications reside,
and then click on selected applications (since most of them are used to the
Microsoft point-and-click or Run tool).

I was wondering if anyone on this list have had any luck with this
technique of executing UNIX-based applications.  One thing that comes to
mind is CGI-scripting, but this is not an option for me.

every comment/suggestion/pointers will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.