On Jan 5, 2004, at 2:51 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

On Jan 5, 2004, at 2:44 PM, Shawn McKinley wrote:

Hello all,
  I am wondering if you can have object inherited between
packages when the child packages have their own object
creation without explicitly setting the parent object in
the child?  Is there a way to inherit the parent object?
Example below (sorry for the length).
[..]
If this isn't what you're looking for though, you might try explaining the problem to us again, because frankly I didn't understand what you were asking.
[..]
Replace the above with something like:

sub new {
        my $class = shift;
        my $self = $class->SUPER::new( @_ }; # call class A constructor
--------------------------------------^
oopsie should have been a  ")"

# class B setup goes here...

        return $self;
}

Hope that helps.

What I am wondering is if the OP is asking about how does one go about creating a wrapper class that will allow one to stuff objects into other objects without actually getting into the whole multiple class inheritence thing:

cf:

<http://www.wetware.com/drieux/pbl/perlTrick/OO/Object_in_Object.html>

So I too look forward to which is the issue set the OP
wants to look at and deal with.

ciao
drieux

---