From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> My current working environment consists of Windows-XP boxes and Sun
> Servers.  Users first log on through an Windows-XP terminal, and are
> then granted access to UNIX services through putty-eXceed.  Once
> connected through eXceed, they run applications either through a
> text-based, Tcl-based, X-Windows based menu.  What I would like to do
> is to enable users to simply map UNIX-based drives on which their
> applications reside, and then click on selected applications (since
> most of them are used to the Microsoft point-and-click or Run tool).

Maybe it's possible to start the putty-eXceed (whatever that is) with
some parameters that would force it to start some application
automaticaly. That way you could provide the users with several
shortcuts that would all point to the eXceed executable, but with
different parameters.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery