Casey West wrote:

> It was Wednesday, January 07, 2004 when Dan Muey took the soap box, saying:
> : Please tell me this thread will stay in the archives! It's hilarious!
> :
> : I feel kinda bad for Mr. Kapp though, but if you're rude for no good
> : reason what can you expect.
>
> Well, around these parts we don't *expect* rudeness in return.  I
> believe that rudeness must conform to the "all things in moderation"
> rule whenever it cannot be helped, which /should/ never happen.  :-)
>
> For the record the archives don't lie, the thread will be there.
> That's precisely why rudeness must be kept in check.
>
> I think now is a good time to stop this thread.  Everything that
> should have been said has been, as well as some things that shouldn't
> have.  :-)
>
>   Casey West

Hi Casey,

I think there is one point that I have not seen presented here.  Unfortunately,
many *real* spammers abuse the courtesy [or legal requirement?] of unsubscribe
information, and actually use it as a probe to detect live addresses.  At least
many people believe that this is so.  Some people may fear that they would only
get enmeshed more deeply by using the unsubscribe link.

Thanks for re-asserting the standards of kindness for the list.

Joseph