Hi
I am trying to install DBI on AIX 5.  Perl is working great.  I also had no problem
installing PERL on my own windows laptop.
I have found the DBI-1.41.tar.gz file and have successfully downloaded it.  (I need to
download it to windows and then transfer the file to unix because of network
restrictions.)  I believe that I need to run gzip and then tar open the file.  When
trying to run gzip, I am getting an error message - invalid compressed data-crc error.

>From reading the documentation, it appears that I can also run CPAN but that hasn't
>been used before.

Installing PERL was too easy.  What am I missing.
Thanks
Adam Jacobson