On 08 Jul 2004 17:59:26 +0100, Jose Alves de Castro wrote
> Does it vary randomly, or does it just change after a while and stick
> with the new value?

It seems random - most of the time it gets one number, but just once in a
while it gets that number plus one.  I can't prove it (it's difficult to
track) but it seems like I can get the original value after I've gotten the
incremented value.  I will run some tests if I have time.

> I've tried in on my RH and it works fine... :-|

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for MSWin32-x86