On Thursday 08 July 2004 09:25, perl.org wrote:

> I am doing something like:
>
> ( $data{sec}, $data{min}, $data{hour}, $data{day}, $data{mon},
> $data{year}, $data{wday}, $data{yday}, $data{isdst} ) = localtime(
> $^T );

You like typing a lot?  :-)  You could use a hash slice.

@data{ qw[sec min hour day mon year wday yday isdst] } = localtime $^T;

> If I do this repeatedly on Windows for one invocation of a Perl
> script, the value of $data{sec} can vary by 1.  Is there an
> explanation for this?

Leap second?  :-)  Just kidding.  I don't know why it is changing, (I
can't see your entire program) but perhaps you should just store the
current time in a scalar and see if that helps.

my $current_time = $^T;

Or:

my $current_time = time;

John