Anand V wrote:
I am using code written by some one else. I didn't understand the difference
between these subroutines, the way they were defined.

1. sub addToLog      {  Some code  }    Any specific reason where we should
not use braces ??
2. sub displayEnv( ) {  "     }    Any specific reason why we should
use braces  ??
3. sub trim($)       {  "     }    Any specific reason why we should
use a brace with a $ sign  in it ??

Could some one specify reason when to use braces and when not to use .

That's already explained in the docs. Read about prototypes in "perldoc perlsub".

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson